One of the ways people can facilitate this process is donating to creative reuse centers like Scrap.
- Educators can stretch their budgets by purchasing affordable and unique materials
- Kids can learn about reuse in a fun, playful and diverse environment
- The local creative community will have access to inexpensive, quality materials
- Thousands of pounds of useable materials will be diverted from the landfill
- Households, manufacturers and businesses will have a hub to donate unwanted materials (that otherwise get dumped)
- Centers can create green collar jobs and volunteer opportunities—and support grassroots economic development
So for these reasons and so many more make sure to donate any used art supplies or other things you might have. Or start upcycling your own things and make the world beautiful!