How Can You Help Save Our Most Precious Resource?
Clean water is a limited resource. This is something that can’t reiterated enough. Whether you're a fisherman, someone who enjoys watersports, a farmer, or simply someone that enjoys a nice cold glass of water on a hot day, its likely that you appreciate clean water. With the increased pollution worldwide it has become an urgent matter to preserve clean water, both for drinking as well as for our wildlife. There are a plethora of things that you can do to make a difference and try to preserve this precious and limited resource that we as humans quite simply can’t live without.
I know you’re wondering what you can do to help preserve this precious resource! Here are some potential ideas that are very easy to do.
- One option is a shower bucket! Literally put a bucket in your shower to catch the runoff water and use it to water your hang vegetable garden (which also helps the environment).
- Turn water off while brushing your teeth, washing your hands, dishes or any other sort .
- Cut your showers short! Though this wont make your shower bucket anymore useful, using less water is always a good thing.
- Don’t run the dishwasher until its full! Or even better wash them by hand.
- Use a water bottle to raise the float level in your toilet.
- “To cut down on water waste, put an inch or two of sand or pebbles inside each of two plastic bottles to weigh them down. Fill the bottles with water, screw the lids on, and put them in your toilet tank, safely away from the operating mechanisms. Or, buy an inexpensive tank bank or float booster. This may save ten or more gallons of water per day.” -EarthEasy.com