Homeowners beware of the danger of Asbestos
Asbestos isn’t one of the most popular or well-known indoor air pollinates, but it is one of the most dangerous if not properly handled or disposed of. Asbestos can cause lung cancer. Asbestos has been most commonly associated with the materials used to make the insulation within your home. Asbestos fibers are very strong and contain properties to resist heat, it’s an excellent material used for fire proofing. You can also find asbestos in items like ceiling and floor tiles, decorative sprays, products used to repair your roofing such as shingles, roofing felt and sealants. Asbestos is also used in commercial and industrial friction products such as disc brake pads, drum brake lining, brake blocks and millaboard. Living with asbestos isn’t necessarily considered to be dangerous. Asbestos becomes problem as it ages, over time it starts to naturally wear and tear, slowly releasing toxic chemicals into the air you are breathing.
Most of us don’t have to worry about asbestos, but if you’re a recent homeowner and looking to remodel be aware and cautious. Asbestos materials are pretty much everywhere in older homes. So remember if you do come in contact with asbestos materials and there in good condition; DO NOTHING leave it alone. Asbestos only becomes a problem when repairing or removing it. If you do need repairs or the removal of asbestos, don’t do it alone. Find a professional who can assist you. Be an active homeowner and look around, your house is like a car it needs proper maintenance and tune-up once in a while.