Superhero Don’t Always Wear A Cape (Cotton Cape) – 5 Easy Ways To Be a Superhero
If you are wearing clothing from one of these well known brands, such as Nike, Adidas, Gap, Banana Republic, or you have a wrinkle free shirt or pants, bed spreads, and other flame retardants products, most likely you are wearing and using man made materials that are harmful to the environment and possibly to you. The clothes and products sold by these companies contain chemicals that pollute the air, destroy our water ways, killing our fish and other wildlife.
Here are 5 easy steps to be a Superhero!
1. Stay away from Nylon, Polyester, Rayon, Acrylic, Acetate or Triacetate products and materials. Read those tags not just for cleaning directions...
2. Buy natural material such as cotton, wool, or hemp.
3. Use dry cleaners that are Green (natural detergents) and don’t use drycleaners that use PERC (aka Perchloroethylene).
4. Wash your clothes in natural detergent and avoid the non-clinging sheets. Wash new clothing 2-3 times with baking soda to help wash out the chemicals and dyes.
5. Spread the word to your friends, family, co-workers, and everyone!
See how easy it is to be a Superhero? And you didn’t even break a sweat.