But how can someone go about teaching children such a challenging topic? There are many different ways, but here are a few I found...
For one, there's Fish & Kids, a child-friendly website (for kids, parents and teachers) detailing the issue of overfishing, along with games and trivia, and guided by Murdock, the "ginger cat with attitude".
Here's another interesting way I found: make it a game. You can find information on this "overfishing game for kids" at 365kidgames.com.
You just need a few supplies, some goodies to give away, and a little bit of time. For an extra treat let the birthday boy or girl stand behind the curtain and dish out the gifts in this fun fishing game for kids. The parents will even want to jump in and play! Have fun playing these overfishing games for kids!
- A sheet
- Old Fishing Pole (or you can make one with string and a stick or broom handle)
- Various toys and goodies
- Tie a string across the room and lay a sheet over it so no one can see what is on the other side.
- Use an old fishing pole, or tie a string around a stick or broom handle. Tie a clothespin on the end of the fishing pole's string.
- Let each child take a turn "casting" their line over the sheet.
- Have your helper stand on the other side and attach small gifts, favors, or treats to the clothespin. When they're done, the helper gives a slight tug on the line.
- When the kids "reel" in their lines, they'll be delighted to see what they've caught!
- You can also use this game in conjunction with other party games. The winner of each game gets a chance to "go fishing" for their prize. The more games they win, the more chances they have to get a prize.
- Another variation of overfishing games for kids is to have the helper hold a bag full of paper fishes in various sizes and lengths. They can randomly pick a fish from the bag and attach it to each child's fishing line. At the end of the game, you see who has the longest fish!
- A third variation could be a guessing game- each child receives a clue to a mystery item at the end of their fishing pole. The group must then get together and figure out what the mystery item is.
- So if your looking for overfishing games for kids, then this ones for you.