Want to Avoid Palm Oil?
7 Tips for Avoiding Palm Oil
Here’s some great ways you can increase your awareness of and avoid purchasing products with Palm Oil:
- Remember that ‘vegetable oil’ is the most common name use to hide palm oil. This is especially true for Asian products or products which have been produced in Asia.
- The majority of pre-packed snack foods produced by large companies generally contain palm oil.
- If saturated fat content is over 40% of a product’s total fat content, palm oil is most likely involved.
- Palm oil is labeled under many names (see link for complete list), and nearly all of those with the word “palm” refer to palm oil.
- Most home-brand/no-name pastry/confectionery products contain palm oil.
- You can always look a product up online or call the company if you are not sure whether or not it contains palm oil.
- Products which contain alternative vegetable oils are another way to avoid palm oil. Do your research!