Paper or Plastic

The debate with Los Angeles and whether or not it should follow the step of San Francisco is perpetually ongoing. Personally, I feel that plastic and paper are equally valid materials to use in the construction of bags. However, I think that we should stop relying on foreign oil to produce plastic bags. Obviously I am from Saudi Arabia, which has one of the largest proven oil reserves on earth, but I feel that it would be a good alternative for America to start using some of its own resources.

I think that environmentally friendly materials would be a very good idea and exploring different substances in laboratories would be a good step in the right direction. Only with progressive thinking int he way we consume materials, will a better and more sustainable product emerge. Los Angeles simply needs to be more prudent about the volume of harmful materials that are consumed each year, like those found in plastic bags.

Comments