What are you doing?

What are you doing to support sustainability in your home, school, office, community, etc?

Lately, I've tried to concentrate on making at least one change at home and at work that effects positive change, even if that change is perceivably small. And to further that change, I'm encouraging my family and co-workers to do the same!

At work, I've joined the employee wellness and 'green team' groups. Through these groups, I'm able to help implement policies that will be used company wide.

(see link for sustainable Oregon business practices)
http://www.portlandonline.com/osd/index.cfm?c=41455

On the home front, we've turned down our hot water heater and, since the weather is heating up, we're closing the windows and blinds down to reduce the amount of energy that is used by the AC.

Seemingly small things, but on large scale, they can make an impact.

~ Jason Oliver

Comments