App-ly Mercury Toxicity Awareness on the Go

By PSU EcoMerge Capstone - 7:37 PM

With today’s technological advancements, I think that this is an awesome and convenient way to make sure you are eating the fish you want without risking the effects of mercury. I’ll get to that in just a second! Monitoring the fish you eat and the mercury levels they contain can minimize the consumption of mercury in fish and whether or not it will harm your body (or the body of those you love). 



The article, written by Beth Lipton on Yahoo! Health, recommended an app that you can download for FREE from the Apple Store or Google Play Store, called the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch app! I downloaded it right away and so far, it looks pretty awesome. I’m always on my phone, love fish and eat out from time to time. The app helps me find out what fish is a “Best Choice,” a “Good Alternative,” or fish to “Avoid.” If the app seems too overwhelming, Health’s contributing health editor, Cynthia Sass, RD recommends that “you can limit your options by eating only from the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Super Green List.” I suggest you give it a shot at it!
Click here to read the article!

If you don’t have a smart phone, you can also do your search using the Seafood Watch site.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments