Choking Hazards of Small Batteries In Common Household Objects



In today’s society, the prevalence of battery operated items in the home are a danger to many children, specifically button batteries which are common in children books, toddler toys, watches, hearing aids, and greeting cards.  The purpose of this article is to raise awareness among parents about the dangers of small batteries with children.

The danger in button batteries is that children are eating them.  Not only is there harm in choking, but also in complications that may come from swallowing the batteries.  Battery toxins can cause internal bleeding by burning holes in bodily tissues, which can lead to lifelong health issues. These problems could be prevented if parents were better educated about the dangers of leaving these batteries within reach of unattended children.


Tiny Batteries Dangerous to Children, Yet Many Parents Unaware -




Comments

Popular Posts