U.S Department of Agriculture expects food prices to rise by 3%-4% this year!
Beef prices rose by more than 10% between August 2011-August 2012.
Pork prices are up 7.5% during the same period.
HOW COME MY PAYCHECK HASN'T RISEN BY THESE PERCENTAGES?!
What's a brother to do in order to get some healthy, protein-rich foods?
1. Beans and Rice - there's a reason these dishes are in so many meals, world wide!
2. Eggs - they are up 15% year over year, but still much cheaper than meat.
3. Dairy - still an affordable protein option.
4. Quinoa - what did you say? not on your shopping list?
5. Soy - if cooked well, tofu can be a tasty addition.
6. Meat - yes, you can still eat meat, just buy less!